SEARCH: CTRL "F" or Find on Page
City of Medford Parking
All parking permits and Visitor Parking Permits are valid for a period of one calendar year (January 1 until December 31).
Room 110, Parking Window - Hours of Operations:
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday/Tuesday/Thursday
8:30 AM – 7:30 PM, Wednesday
8:30 AM – 12:30 PM, Friday
AT THE CITY HALL WINDOW ONLY CHECKS AND CASH ARE ACCEPTED. VISA, MASTERCARD AND DEBIT CARDS CAN ONLY BE USED FOR ONLINE PURCHASES.
- * $10.00 - Residential
- * Free - Senior
Residential Parking Permit (residents 65 years and older) with D.O.B.
identification (application must be filed in City Hall)
- * $100.00 - Business Parking Permit
- * $100.00 - Home Healthcare Parking Permit (application must be filed in City Hall)
- * $100.00 - Residential Commuter Permit
- * $25.00 - Senior Citywide
Municipal Lots and Meter Parking Permit (residents 65 years and older) with
D.O.B. identification (application must be filed in City Hall)
- *The Visitor Parking Permit will cost $5.00 each (a maximum of two permits) for residences without a Residential Parking Permitted vehicle
- *CHEVALIER THEATRE PARKING and SCHEDULE: At the end of this page
Please note that if you are charged for a permit an additional $2.00 per-permit convenience fee may apply.
*RESIDENTIAL PARKING PERMIT LISTS, MUNICIPAL PARKING LOTS AND PRIVATE WAYS INFORMATION*
The City of Medford does not require a decal or sticker to be displayed as proof of the parking permit. Nothing will be sent in the mail in this regard. The plate number of the vehicle will be scanned or inputted to verify the parking permit status.
Commercial, Trailer, Taxi, Livery, Repair, Over the Road etc...,
Medford Traffic Commission Rules and Regulations: Article V9 section 12 (12-01-2002) - Commercial / Overweight/ Oversize motor, vehicle
and/or trailer parking exclusion: The
standing or parking of any commercial and/or overweight, and/or oversize motor
vehicle whether occupied or not, is prohibited overnight on any street within
the City of Medford between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m.
Additionally no commercial motor vehicle shall be allowed to park on any city
street regardless of time of day in excess of one hour unless the operator of
said vehicle is conducting a delivery of goods or services directly related to
their business enterprise at that address.
above restrictions shall also apply to the standing or parking of overweight
(in excess of 8500 lbs. G. V. W,) and/or oversize motor vehicles exceeding 20
ft. length and/or 8 ft. in width and/or 8 ft. in height, regardless of
trailer, regardless of size may park on any city street unless attached to a
m/v. No trailer may be parked overnight on any city street between the hours of
12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. regardless of it being attached to a m/v.
MAPS- The maps of the city's lots and areas designated for business, municipal and commuter parking. Overnight Parking (12:00 AM to 6:00 AM) is not allowed in the Municipal Parking Lots unless indicated by the posted signs.
PRIVATE WAYS CITY OF MEDFORD MEETING - Meeting with Mayor Lungo-Koehn and city officials about the laws and ordinances of Private Ways.
CITY OF MEDFORD PRIVATE WAYS WEBSITE - A link to the city's webpage pertaining to Private Ways.
PARKING DEPARTMENT PRESENTATION 4/12/23 - A link of the Presentation at the West Medford Community Center.
* Vehicles with Commercial license plates are not allowed to park on Medford streets/roads and Municipal Parking Lots Overnight (12:00 AM to 6:00 AM).
*CREATING AN ACCOUNT AND LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS*
Please login or create an account to apply for or renew your parking permits:
- Please be advised, when uploading documents, 5 MB is the max image size.
- Permit applications cannot be reviewed by the Parking Clerks if "" is not selected.
Steps to online registration
- Create an account.
the Active Permits section select “Add permit” button on right side – a popup
will appear requesting vehicle information.
vehicle information and select “add to cart” (If a message indicates that the vehicle's plate is already in the system. Please contact the Parking Clerks to clear the old information.)
process for your second vehicle
- Residential Parking Permit: Upload a clear copy of the Massachusetts or an out of state vehicle registration (must have the City of Medford address printed by the Registry of Motor Vehicle (RMV), to apply for a Residential Parking Permit). The City of Medford address is required to be printed by the RMV in the "Garaged Address" if
the "Owner-Mailing Address" is different. The RMV Registration Replacement, RMV Residential Address form, RMV Renewal Letter, handwritten address changes are not acceptable. For the Proof of
Address section: you may choose to upload one of the following: 1) Vehicle
Registration; 2) Driver's License; 3) Lease Agreement/Deed or 4) Utility bill (each document must indicate the City of Medford address of the residence). The Residential Parking Permit only allows the vehicle to
park on the street of the residence or the variance.
- Business Parking Permit: Upload a clear copy of the vehicle registration. For
the Business Proof of Address section: you may choose to upload one of the following: 1) Letter of Employment from the business; 2) Business
Card or 3) an official document pertaining to the business (each document must indicate the City of Medford address of the business).
- Residential Commuter Permit: Upload a clear copy of the Massachusetts vehicle registration (must have the City of Medford address printed by the RMV, to apply for a Residential Commuter Permit). For the Proof of Address section: you may choose to upload one of the following: 1) Vehicle Registration; 2) Driver's License; 3) Lease Agreement/Deed or 4) Utility bill (each document must indicate the City of Medford address of the residence). The street address is required to be printed by the RMV in the "Garage Address" (supersedes the other addresses) or Owner-Mailing Address. The RMV Registration Replacement, RMV Residential Address form and handwritten addresses are not accepted.
the Buy Permit Screen - Permit Shopping cart details will show the vehicles you
have registered with zero $ value – you must select “accept terms” and select
the “Buy” button.
pop up will appear regarding privacy and terms of reference.
you agree - select yes.
registration process is complete – you will receive an email confirming account
setup. An additional email will be sent when the permit(s) are approved.
Please allow one - two business days for the determination of your permit application. Contact us if you do not receive an approval or rejection within two business days
Parking Clerk: (781) 393-2463.
*MUST BE FILED IN CITY HALL AT THE PARKING DEPARTMENT WINDOW*
* Postal Worker Parking Permit: A
free permit that requires a current valid vehicle registration and
current U.S. Postal Service Identification badge to the Parking
* Home Healthcare Parking Permit: The Home Healthcare Parking Permit cost $100.00. Home Healthcare businesses
and workers are able to park in the Municipal Lots and Residential Parking areas throughout
the city. When obtaining a permit in-person, please bring a valid
vehicle registration and one of the following: a letter from the business on the letterhead,
a business card, or an official business document stating the employment of
* City Hall Employee Parking Permit: Submit a valid vehicle registration
to the Mayor’s Admin in the Mayor's Office for consideration and approval.
- * Senior (Senior Residential Parking Permit): A free Residential
Parking Permit for the City of Medford senior residents 65 years and older (with D.O.B. identification). Bring a clear copy of the Massachusetts vehicle registration (must have the City of Medford address printed by the Registry of Motor Vehicle (RMV), to apply for a Residential Parking Permit). The street address is required to be printed by the RMV in the Garaged or Owner-Mailing Address. The RMV Registration Replacement, RMV Residential Address form, RMV Renewal Letter, handwritten address changes are not acceptable.
- * Senior Citywide (Meter and Municipal Lot Parking Permit): A parking permit that allows the vehicle to park at the parking meters, kiosk areas and municipal parking lots and does not have to pay at the site. expires at the end of
the calendar year, for Medford residents 65 years and older (with D.O.B. identification). Bring a clear copy of the Massachusetts vehicle registration (must have the City of Medford address printed by the Registry of Motor Vehicle (RMV), to apply for a Residential Parking Permit). The street address is required to be printed by the RMV in the Garaged or Owner-Mailing Address. The RMV Registration Replacement, RMV Residential Address form, RMV Renewal Letter, handwritten address changes are not acceptable.
- * Permit
Parking for Parking Variance (Residence or Corner Residence): Citizens authorized by
the City of Medford Traffic Commission to park on local
adjacent streets that are different from the street address of the residence.
- * Visitor Parking Permit: The address of the residence must qualify for a Visitor Parking Permit, according to City of Medford ordinances and Traffic Commission. Two (2) free Visitor Parking Permit are issued
per residence (apartment, unit, or single-family home) with the Residential Parking Permit.
- * Without an active Residential Parking Permit assigned to the residence, the Visitor Parking Permit will cost $5.00 each (a maximum of two Visitor Parking Permits). The requirements for Visitor Parking Permit: Massachusetts
Driver's License; Massachusetts State Identification Card or Temporary Massachusetts Driver's License (must have the current City of Medford address, printed by the RMV), and one of the following documents:1)
Tax Statement; 2) Lease agreement/Deed; 3) Utility Bill 4) Vehicle Registration (each document must indicate the City of Medford address of the residence). Medford residents must have a Residential Parking Permit to park on permitted public streets. Visitor Parking Permit may only be used for 2 weeks, by Medford residents that are waiting for a new vehicle registration from the RMV. A Visitor Parking Permit is required to be displayed on the driver's side dashboard of the parked vehicle. Please contact the Traffic Department at
phone number (781) 391- 6404, for one-time large events and gatherings for parking permission, and authorization on
the street. Vehicles found in
violation of Massachusetts parking laws and the City of Medford ordinances
are subject to ticketing.
Parking Permit Regulations as of Thursday, December 1, 2022 (For questions,
please contact the Traffic Commission at: (781)391-6409):
- * Display
this visitor permit on the driver’s side of the front dashboard above the
steering wheel so that it is fully readable from the exterior.
- * This
permit is valid only on the street written on this permit.
- * Visitor
permits may be used no more than two days in any one-week period, except for
Sundays. The visitor permits shall be used only while visitors are actually
visiting the household to which the permits are issued.
- * Only
one permit is valid per vehicle per week. Use of two permits consecutively on
the same vehicle in the same week is not permitted.
- * Permit
use is recorded and monitored by parking enforcement specialists who observe
the vehicle’s license plate.
- * Please
obey all applicable traffic regulations and parking restrictions (no parking on
sidewalks or within 20 feet of an intersection, no commercial overnight
parking, no obstructing driveways, no parking in the wrong direction, etc.).
- * This
permit may not be copied, sold, transferred, or altered in any way.
To receive electronic street sweeping
and snow emergency alerts, visit medfordma.org/alerts
*FOR PARKING VARIANTS AND EVENTS*
- Please contact Medford Traffic Division at phone number (781) 391-
6409, for parking permission and for more than two vehicles to park on the
street of an event.
SUMMER AT THE CHEVALIER THEATRE
Saturday, June 6, 2023: The Lightening Thief
Saturday, June 10, 2023: Doughboys Podcast
Thursday, June 15, and June 17, 2023: Indigo
Wednesday, June 21 – Sunday, June 25, 2023:
Golden Girls the Laugh Continues
June 29, 2023: Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Friday, July 7, 2023: UB40
Sunday, July 25, 2023: Beres Hammond
Friday, August 4, 2023: Jay Leno
Sunday, August 27, 2023: Ben Schwartz
Just as a reminder that the auxiliary parking for the Chevalier
is at the City Mall Parking Lot. This is a metered Municipal Lot until 6:00 PM. After
6:00 PM it is free to park until until Midnight. Unless approved by posted city signs, there is no overnight
parking in the lot between Midnight and 6:00 AM.
Directions: From 93 North/South take Salem Street exit off
rotary, take the first left (after cemetery) onto River Street, take left onto
Riverside Avenue, take next left onto City Hall Mall, the lot will be on your
From this lot it is a short walk to the theatre, please see the
enclosed map, and by using this lot the street parking spaces can be made
available for the customers of those merchants. Thank you in advance for your